Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mongolia Bound!

I was recently accepted into the internship program for Asia Pacific Investment Partners in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia! This is an incredibly exciting opportunity and I cant wait to go.
 A few quick facts about Mongolia:
- Mongolia experienced a democratic revolution in 1990, which led to the adoption of a new constitution and transition to a market economy.
- Mongolia is landlocked and is bordered by Russia and China
- Population: 3,133,318 
- Adult literacy rate: 97.8%
- Median age: 26.2 
- Unemployment rate: 11.5%
(Source: CIA World Factbook) 
 I am currently fundraising to help pay for my round-trip flight from JFK airport in New York to Ulaanbaatar. The ticket costs around $2600; my plan is to pay $600 out of my savings, and to fundraise the remaining $2000 by mid-May 2011. I would greatly appreciate any support that you may be able to provide! 
I will be writing in this blog until the end of the summer to share with you my observations and experiences while in Mongolia.



No comments:

Post a Comment